Monday, September 12, 2011

Bayan Community

The Bayan community is a community where students unite along with their teacher as a family, Filipino's and people of other races get together to create an environment where they can work as a family. Everybody in the Bayan community refer to each other as brother or sister in a sense of mutual respect in order to create a sense of family bond. The purpose of the Bayan community is to get students to unite with each other to become involved with the Filipino culture and the values they share.

Being a student involved in the Bayan community, I learned what it meant to be apart of the Bayan family meaning helping each other on assignments, sharing ideas, and following the instructors rules. So far being five weeks into the semester I can say I developed bonds with my classmates better then I do other classes, I feel more united and comfortable around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment